Pojo's Pokemon news, tips, strategies and more!

<

Pokemon Home

Pokedex

Price Guide Set List

Message Board

Pokemon News

Polls & Trivia

Featured Articles


Trading Card Game
- Price Guide
- Set List
- Card of the Day
- Killer Deck Reports
- Deck Garage
- William Hung
- Jason Klaczynski
- Jeremy's Deck Garage
- Johnny Blaze's Banter
- TCG Strategies
- Rulings Help
- Apprentice & Patch
- Apprentice League
- Spoilers & Translations
- Official Rules
- Featured Event Reports
- Top of the World
- An X-Act Science
- Error Cards
- Printable Checklist
- Places to Play


Nintendo Tips
- Red/Blue
- Yellow
- Gold & Silver
- Crystal
- Ruby & Sapphire
- Fire Red & Leaf Green
- Emerald
- SNAP
- Pinball
- TCG cart
- Stadium
- PuPuzzle League
- Pinball: Ruby/Sapphire
- Pokemon Coliseum
- Pokemon Box
- Pokemon Channel


GameBoy Help
- ClownMasters Fixes
- Groudon's Den
- Pokemon of the Week

E-Card Reader FAQ's
- Expedition
- Aquapolis
- Skyridge
- Construction Action Function
- EON Ticket Manual


Deck Garage
- Pokemaster's Pit Stop
- Kyle's Garage
- Ghostly Gengar


Cartoon/Anime
- Episode Listing
- Character Bios
- Movies & Videos
- What's a Pokemon?
- Video List
- DVD List


Featured Articles

Pojo's Toy Box

Books & Videos

Downloads

Advertise With Us
- Sponsors
-
Links

Chat

About Us
Contact Us

Buy & Sell Pokemon Cards Here!

Magic
Yu-Gi-Oh!
DBZ
Pokemon
Yu Yu Hakusho
NeoPets
HeroClix
Harry Potter
Anime
Vs. System
Megaman



Pojo's Pokemon Card of the Day

 

Butterfree Lv. 36

Diamond & Pearl
Great Encounters

Date Reviewed: 02.26.08

Ratings & Reviews Summary

Modified: 3.25
Limited: 4.00

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale.
1 being the worst. 
3 ... average.  
5 is the highest rating.

Back to the main COTD Page


Greenzan
goose
Butterfree Lv.36 GE

It’s hip, it’s new, it’s butter-free! Today’s COTD has some bad qualities and some redeeming qualities. 1 (G) for 30 is OK, on a stage 2 it may seem like a waste but it’s different with Butterfree. Caterpie and Metapod both have poke-powers that let it evolve, giving you a 50% chance turn 1 that you don’t evolve at all, 25% chance you only evolve into Metapod, and 25% chance you evolve all the way into Butterfree turn 1! 30 damage with heal turn one is great, not only that but you can heal any of your pokemon, not just Butterfree. I could see ‘Parallel Drain’ working great with a whole bunch of plus powers, a few strength charms, and Mothim. If you used 1 strength charm the turn after you attacked with Mothim’s free attack ‘Silver Wind’ you would do an effective 80 damage for one energy (Unless they retreat.) And you heal one of your pokemon 80 damage. You add a few more plus powers and Butterfree can do well over 100 damage if done right.

Pros –
T1 possibilities
30 for (G) W/ heal is awesome
Free retreat
Nice HP

Cons –
Lacks good second attack
Can heal only one pokemon at a time

Modified – This deck could work, just watch out for Magmortar. 4/5

Limited – If you get all of the evolution stages and use grass energies go for it 4.5/5

Can’t… Wait… For… States…

“I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.”

Michael from Denmark

2 worlds and 4 national finals.

Butterfree lv 36

 

This card is VERY fast odds of you not getting a turn 2 butterfree if you h

Start with caterpie are very slim. This however is the main reason to play this its preevos are great but its attacks and HP are mediocre at best.

Free retreat and its first attack may be a minor combo on itself (ill trust you to see how)

Its fast and with help of DRE very fast, but its mediocrity leaves a lot to be desired. In limited play it if you can get it play it.

 

Modified 2.5 (speed is potential)

Limited 3.5


Copyrightę 1998-2008 pojo.com
This site is not sponsored, endorsed, or otherwise affiliated with any of the companies or products featured on this site. This is not an Official Site.