Main
Main Page
Message Board
Interviews
Who'd Play Who?

Trading Card Game
Scores CCG Section
Bandai Card of the Day
Old Killer Decks
Tips & Strategies
IQ's Crew
CCG Spoilers

Episode Summaries
U.S. Dubbed DBZ
U.S. Dubbed DB
U.S. Dubbed DBGT
Jap. Fansub DB
Jap. Fansub DBZ
Jap. Fansub DBGT
Movies

By Fans
DBZ Editorials
Episode Summaries
Manga Reviews
DBZ Song Parodies
Fan Fiction
Time Travel
Theory
Voice Overs
What If...?

Information
Adventure History
Akira Toriyama
Attack List
Before Dragon Ball
Biographies
Character Appearances
Character Deaths
Daizenshyu Guide
DB Summary
DBZ Summary
DBGT Summary
Dialogue Scripts
Dragon Balls
Dragon Ball GT Info
Dragon Ball Mix-Ups
Dragon Ball Time Line
Dragon Ball Wishes
Dragon Ball World Guide
Every Single Fight
Final Battle!
Jap. Game Reviews
Growing Up
Guides
Important Numbers
Item Guide
Japanese Lessons
King Kamehameha
Lyrics
Merchandise Guide
Movie Reviews
Name Puns
Name Translations
Newbie Guide
Power Levels
Relation Charts
Red Ribbon Army Ranks
Room of Spirit and Time
Saiya-jin Forms
Special Attacks
Tenkaichi Budoukai Info
Training Locations
Voice Actors

Multimedia
Daizenshyu Scans
Final Bout Scans

Video Games
Game Reviews
DBZ Sagas Walkthrough

Fan Fiction

Dragon Ball:

Chaotic Future

 

CHAPTER 9

 

Mylember Saga, Part V

“Aftermath.”

Eight years earlier…

 

The sounds of quiet weeping could be heard coming from the young boy’s room.

 

            Lady Kelys Ariyadi stood silently in the hallway, listening to the heart-wrenching sobs that drifted through the half-opened door.  She moved quietly forward, slowly opening the door and entering the small room that her adopted-son occupied.  In the dim lighting, Kelys could just make out the small form of Miura lying trembling on the bed, his knees pulled up to his chin as the light from the hallway illuminated the shining tears that flowed freely down his cheeks. 

            “Miura,” Kelys whispered, “Are you alright?”  She watched as her young son’s body stiffened, and a small hand came up to wipe away any evidence of tears on his pale face.  As he turned to look at her, Kelys could see the unshed emotion that remained in Miura’s bright purple eyes, and she could feel her own tears running slowly down her face.  “Miura…” she whispered, moving to sit on the edge of the child’s bed.  “Is this about Aidan?” Kelys asked, feeling her chest tighten as memories of her recently deceased husband came flooding into her mind.

            Lord Aidan Ariyadi had been stricken with a terrible disease, one which quickly aged and killed him within a matter of months.  A death such as that was considered a horrible tragedy by the people of Galdria, who were typically expected to live well past two hundred years of age.  Zellis, the only blood child of Kelys and Aidan, had taken her father’s death very hard, and she still couldn’t be persuaded to speak, though the funeral had been over a week ago.  Miura, on the other hand, kept his feelings about Aidan’s death bottled up inside, which worried and scared Kelys.  She ran a hand through her pale green hair and sighed, cursing fate for having deprived her of her one true love. 

            “No, Mother,” Miura quietly replied as he wiped away his remaining tears.  “It’s not about Father…”  He was silent for a moment, but Kelys was content to let her son continue when he felt ready.  “I… I got into another fight today,” he said, lowering his eyes in shame.  Again, the room was filled with silence.

            “Go on,” Kelys prompted, taking the young boy’s hand.  “What happened, Miura?”  The twelve year old boy began to tremble once again, though he did his best to hold back another flood of tears. 

            “It was Galian,” Miura said, nearly spitting as he said the name.  “Why won’t he just leave me alone!?”  He pulled his hand away from Kelys’s comforting grasp and clenched his fists.  “I’ve never done a thing to him, you know!  Yet he insists on making my life miserable.”  It was too late now to hold back the tears, though Miura clenched his purple eyes shut anyway.  “I wish he was dead!”

            Kelys stiffened at this, for she had never known that her son’s feelings about the subject were so strong.  “Miura, you’re just saying that because you’re mad,” she reassured him.  “I know you don’t really want Galian dead…”  But even as she said it, Kelys knew that she was wrong.  Miura was not a normal Galdrian child, but a half-breed, and it was his Saiyan half that was speaking now.  She shuddered, wrapping her arms around herself as if to ward off a chill.  He wants Galian dead, Kelys thought as she gazed at her weeping son.  His Saiyan nature is just too strong…

            “I’ll speak to Galian’s father about this, I promise,” Kelys said, embracing her oldest child.  “But never, under any circumstances, will you be allowed to kill Galian, do you understand?”  She could see the rage in Miura’s eyes subsiding, but still she was filled with a strange fear, a fear that her adopted-child may be beyond her ability to control.  “Miura, if you kill Galian, you’ll just be proving him right, you know.  You’ll be showing everyone on this planet that Saiyans are nothing but savage killers.  You have to be better than that, my son.”  She stared into Miura’s eyes as she struggled to find her next words.  “Promise me, Miura.  Promise me that you will never kill Galian, or any other person on this planet for that matter.”

            “I promise,” the child sobbed as he buried his face against his adopted-mother’s shoulder, his body shuddering violently.  “I’ll prove them wrong, Mother.  I promise.”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Miura knelt before his adopted-mother’s grave.

 

            I’m so sorry, Mother, he thought as he laid a single flower before Lady Kelys’s head stone.  I’ve broken my promise to you.  He looked at the small holographic image of her that was projected from the stone, an image that he and Zellis had picked out earlier that week.  It depicted Kelys, with her sea green hair and striking blue eyes, smiling sweetly, with her two beloved children sitting at her feet.  It had been her favorite image of the three of them, taken just after Lord Aidan’s death.  Miura looked over at his adopted-father’s grave, and the flickering holographic image of him.  Now you’re together again, he thought.  Be at peace, my beloved parents.

            It had been eight days since Galian’s defeat, and the people of Galdria were beginning to rebuild the structures and lives that had been shattered during the self-styled emperor’s short reign.  Miura and Zellis had found the body of their mother in one of the many dungeon cells, and she had not been the only noble to be found there.  It seemed that Galian had done everything in his power to secure the throne for himself, and several of Emperor Gilliam’s closest friends and supporters had been found either dead or near death in the damp, dark cells of the palace dungeon. 

            Miura looked back over his shoulder, filled with sorrow at the sight of the palace, which was now barely a shell of its former self.  His victory had come at a high cost, and the deaths of his friends and family weighed heavily upon him.  If only he had arrived sooner, so much tragedy and chaos could have been prevented.  Footsteps behind him snapped the mourning Galdrian heir out of his reverie.

            “I’m sure she understands,” Zellis said, coming to stand beside her brother.  “Don’t worry, Miura.  Galian had to be killed; it was the only way to stop him.”  She looked into Miura’s bright eyes, which remained fixed upon the small image of Lady Kelys.  “Please don’t blame yourself…”  The wind blew through her dark green hair, causing the hologram to flicker slightly.  “Let’s get back to the palace, okay?”

            “Alright, Z,” Miura responded, putting his arm around his younger sister’s shoulders.  “How are Elysia and Dorian doing?” he asked, aware that he had seen very little of his fiancée or her brother during the last week.  Elysia had told Miura what Gilliam’s last request had been, but the half-Saiyan had refused to assume the mantel of leadership.  It felt wrong to him, that he should be expected to rule over these people when his hands were so stained with the blood of others.  So, rather than explain himself to the young princess, Miura had been avoiding her for the last few days, at least until he could sort out his own feelings.

            Zellis shrugged, pulling her cloak more tightly around her to block out the cold wind.  “They’re alright, both keeping busy with the reconstruction of the palace.”  She looked at Miura out of the corner of her eye.  “You should go see her, you know.” 

            “I know,” Miura replied, shaking his head slightly.  “But it’s hard…”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Hanzo watched his captives carefully.

 

            The Saiyan warrior smiled to himself, almost thanking his half-brother for allowing him to round up Galian’s soldiers.  Throughout the last week, Hanzo and a unit of soldiers loyal to the late Emperor Gilliam had been scouring the palace and its surrounding city, looking for hidden groups of dark Galdrians.  According to information extracted from several captives, this was the last group of Galian’s former allies, and they would soon be joining their imprisoned comrades in the dungeon. 

            “Stop your whining, dogs,” Hanzo snarled at the group of captives, numbering somewhere between twenty and twenty five.  “Be thankful that Dorian and Miura have requested you be brought to the palace alive, or I’d have gladly killed you all by now.”  Several of the loyal soldiers cast worried glances amongst each other, still uncomfortable with the idea of a living, breathing Saiyan in their midst.  Hanzo paid them no mind.

            “You,” he ordered, pointing to a Royal Guard.  “See that these sniveling, pathetic, foul smelling excuses for warriors are escorted safely to the dungeon.”  Without waiting to see that his orders were carried out, Hanzo left his group of Galdrian soldiers behind as he made his way to the main palace gate, where his brother and Zellis had just entered.

            Miura looked past his approaching brother, noticing the group of dark Galdrian warriors.  “Is that the last of them?” he asked as Hanzo stopped before him, smiling slightly.

            “Supposedly, though I’d stay on my toes for a while, if I were you,” Hanzo responded.  He glared for a moment at his younger half-brother, causing Miura to raise a questioning eyebrow.  Hanzo turned his back on the half-Galdrian, looking over his shoulder to speak.  “Now that this mess is cleaned up, I suggest you prepare yourself for our battle, little brother.”

            Miura was shocked, and he heard Zellis gasp beside him.  He narrowed his eyes and took a step toward his older brother.  “What the hell do you mean, Hanzo?  I thought you were over this!”  Hanzo was silent for a moment, and Miura took another step toward him.  “Just let this go, Hanzo.  I have no reason to fight with you, not now.”

            “Did you honestly think that I’d joined your little group?” Hanzo asked, turning to once again face Miura.  “I’d sooner die than live happily ever after with you and your ridiculous excuses for friends!”  The Saiyan warrior clenched his fists and took a step forward, now standing only inches away from his half-brother.  “Did you think that I was helping you out of the goodness of my heart?!  What a fool you are.”

            “Then why?” Miura asked, his body trembling with anger.  “Why even bother helping me in the first place?”  Zellis came forward, placing a calming hand on Miura’s arm, her eyes wide with worry.  “You could have easily let Galian kill me!  Or even Daerist or Mylember!  So why were you so damned driven to fight alongside me!?” 

            Zellis nodded agreement.  “He’s right Hanzo.  You owe us an explanation for all of this.”  She narrowed her eyes as the Saiyan warrior, looking almost comical in his baggy Galdrian robes, turned his glare on her.  “Well?” she prompted, unfazed by Hanzo’s angry gaze.

            “Fine, if you’re both so curious, I’ll tell you,” Hanzo finally said.  “If someone else would have succeeded in killing you, I could never have forgiven myself.  It is my right, and mine alone, to end your existence!”  He stared long and hard at Miura, as if testing his mettle, before he turned away and began walking toward the palace.  “But don’t worry,” Hanzo said over his shoulder.  “I have no intention of killing you yet, not when you’re so distracted.  When we fight, I’m going to want your undivided attention.”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Miura and Zellis entered the council chamber.

 

            The room, which had survived relatively undamaged, was used for meetings between the emperor and his most trusted advisors.  Elysia, Dorian, Rika, Twilight, Iris, and Gabriel sat inside at a large, round table waiting for Miura and Zellis to be seated.  Once the last two members of the unofficial council were in place, Dorian stood.

            “I trust everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected considering the sad circumstances of our meeting?” he asked quietly, acknowledging the nods of affirmation from around the circle.  “The passing of my and Elysia’s parents has left our world without an emperor, and without even a clear line of succession.”  At this he glanced quickly at Miura, who remained silent.  “I, Elysia, Rika, Twilight, Iris, and Gabriel were present during the late emperor’s final moments.  We all heard his dying request.”  The old prince turned his attention to Zellis, who sat quietly next to her adopted-brother.  “Lady Zellis Ariyadi, you were called upon by Emperor Gilliam as witness to his final act as emperor.  Would you be so kind as to inform the council of his request?”

            Zellis looked at Miura, who indicated for her to stand and do as instructed.  “Alright,” Zellis said as she stood to her feet, looking at each person who sat around the table.  “As his final act as emperor, Gilliam declared that Arius Miura de Galdri be named official heir to the throne of Galdria.”  Again she looked at her adopted-brother, who only nodded once, as if to himself.  Dorian indicated that the young noblewoman could be seated before he continued.

            “So spoke Gilliam de Galdri, one-hundred and twenty-first ruler of the Galdrian Empire.”  The former heir looked pointedly at Miura, though he did not speak for some time.  “Arius Miura de Galdri,” Dorian finally continued.  “Please stand.”  Everyone’s attention was turned to Miura, who remained seated.

            “I will not,” the young half-Saiyan replied quietly, ignoring the gasps of disbelief that came from Elysia and the others.  “I do not accept the title of heir, and I will not rule over this planet.”  He looked at Elysia, seeing tears streaming from her eyes, which were now clenched shut.  “I beg you to understand,” he said, his words meant not only for the council, but for Elysia in particular.  “I have too much blood on my hands to accept so great a responsibility.”  Miura turned his attention to Twilight, who sat uncomfortably, as if feeling out of place among the members of the unofficial council.  “Twilight,” the former hunter said.  “Your father is dead because of me, as is Clef, your friend and bodyguard.”  The pink-haired girl said nothing, biting her lip as her bright eyes filled with tears.  “Elysia, Dorian,” Miura continued.  “Your parents are dead, when I could have helped protect them had I only been here.”  He looked down for a moment, lost in his own sorrow.  “Zellis’s mother, who loved me and raised me as her own, is also dead.”

            “Arius,” Elysia whispered, her voice full of emotion.  “Please, please reconsider.  I’m begging you…”  The young princess stood to her feet and walked around the table to stand behind her lover.  “I don’t blame you for their deaths, Arius.  And I know that they don’t blame you either.”  Miura felt soft arms encircle him, and warm tears dripped from Elysia’s chin, landing lightly upon the exposed skin of his neck.  “I need you here, Arius.  I need you here with me.”

            “She’s right, Miura,” Twilight said quietly.  “I’ve never blamed you for my father’s death.  If anything, I owe you my life.”  She paused for a moment, as if considering her next words.  “If you and Zellis hadn’t answered our distress signal, then I would be dead right now, along with Clef and my father.”  She smiled at Miura, her voice soft as she spoke.  “Please don’t feel responsible, Miura.  I’m sure that my father is very proud of you for protecting me.  And so is Clef.”

            The room was silent now, no one willing to speak.  It seemed that Dorian and the others were waiting, waiting for Miura’s final decision.  The half-Saiyan glanced at Zellis, who smiled reassuringly at him and patted his arm.  “Do it,” she seemed to be imploring.  “Do it for Elysia, if not for yourself.”

            The silence was broken by Dorian, who cleared his throat loudly.  “There is no one more qualified, Arius.  I’m too old now to have so much weight on my shoulders, and my son is uneducated in the ways of our people.  If you do not accept…”  He shrugged and sat down, casting a penetrating gaze in Miura’s direction. 

            Miura looked around the table, taking a moment to study each person.  Dorian continued to watch him, his blue eyes almost glowing in the dim lighting of the council chamber.  Gabriel sat beside his father, watching Miura with the same intensity as Dorian, and Miura was struck for the first time by how much the young half-Galdrian resembled his aged father.  Rika was next, her light brown hair pulled back to reveal features that appeared plain to Miura, who had been raised around the legendary beauty of Galdrian women.  Iris seemed unconcerned with the whole thing, as she picked at some imaginary speck on her dark hunter’s cloak.  Twilight sat next to the auburn-haired hunter, looking pale and withdrawn, lost in her own sorrow; Clef, the only truly familiar person left in her life, was now gone.  Miura again felt a stab of pity in his heart for her.

            “Please, Arius,” he heard Elysia whisper as she clung to him, her body trembling slightly as she wept against him.  “I don’t want to lose you again…”  Miura put his arms around her shoulders and held her close, unsure of what he should do. 

            He turned his attention to Zellis, who sat next to him, staring silently at the table, lost in her own thoughts.  Her dark hair had grown longer over the past few months, since the encounter with the Erions on Tiris, and it suited her.  The young noblewoman’s usually bright green eyes seemed dimmer lately, and Miura knew that she was taking the death of their mother very hard.  He closed his eyes, wishing with all of his might that Gilliam hadn’t laid this burden at his feet.  Damn you, Gilliam, Miura thought.  You brought this decision to me almost four years ago, and I turned you down…  You knew exactly how I’d react to this, didn’t you? 

            The half-Galdrian nobleman slowly disengaged himself from Elysia’s embrace, smiling slightly at the beautiful princess, whose face was streaked with tears.  Her pink eyes lit up for a moment, as if anticipating Miura’s next words.  He kissed her lightly on the forehead before she left his side, making her way slowly back to her own seat beside her brother.  Dorian looked on with interest as Miura struggled to find the right words.

            “I accept the title of heir,” Miura said, his voice filled with exhaustion.  “But on my own terms,” he continued, staring Dorian in the eyes.  The old prince raised his eyebrows, unsure of where this was heading, though he gestured for Miura to continue.  “I refuse to accept the throne while our people are still suffering so badly.  Once the aftermath of Galian’s rebellion is resolved, when the people have had a chance to recover, and the city is rebuilt, then I’ll take the throne… and the title of emperor.”

________________________________________________________________________

 

The months passed by quickly.

 

            Word had spread about Miura’s declaration, and the people of Galdria quickly banded together to see that the imperial palace, along with the capital city of Valdis, was reconstructed as quickly as possible.  Miura was overwhelmed by the act, realizing for the first time how grateful the people were, to have been freed from Galian’s tyranny.  Rika, Twilight, Iris, Zellis, and even Hanzo spent most of their time working on the demolished city, helping the citizens wherever they could.  Miura, on the other hand, spent all of his time indoors, going over obscure points of Galdrian law with Dorian, who insisted that Gabriel also sit in on the lessons.  When questioned about this, Dorian’s response shocked the half-Saiyan heir: until such a time as Miura and Elysia produced offspring of their own, Gabriel was currently the next in line of succession.  Dorian felt, and Miura agreed, that if a situation occurred where Galdria fell into the hands of Gabriel, at least the boy could have some basic governing skills to fall back on.

            Elysia had taken it upon herself to personally oversee reconstruction of the palace, hoping to take some of the burden off of Miura’s shoulders.  She also spent a lot of time making secret preparations for her and Miura’s inevitable wedding, though when and where the ceremony would take place had not yet been decided.  It worried the young princess that Miura tended to sidestep any question or comment regarding their wedding, but she hoped that once things had settled down a bit, he would be more willing to discuss their future together.

            The daylight was fading when Miura, Gabriel, and Dorian exited the palace, all three of them looking exhausted.  Elysia, who had been overseeing the replanting of her once beautiful gardens, caught sight of the trio, smiling as she made her way toward them.

            “It’s nice to see the three of you outside for a change,” she teased with a smile.  “You all look so much more handsome in the sunlight, you know.”  Miura ran a hand through his unruly black hair, basking the warmth of the late summer air.  “Really, Dorian, you should let Arius outside more often.  It wouldn’t do to have him all pale and sickly looking on the day of his coronation.”  And our wedding, she thought to herself, blushing.

            As if reading her mind, Miura said, “I’m sure you’re worried about more than my coronation, though, aren’t you?”  He smiled at his fiancée, his purple eyes alight with his love for her.  “Don’t worry, Elysia.  Your slave driver of a brother promises me that we’ll be finished with all of this studying soon.”  He slipped his arm around her slender waist and tilted her chin up for a kiss.  After a moment he continued.  “Then you will have my undivided attention, I promise.”

            “Not undivided, I hope,” a taunting voice said from behind the two lovers.  Miura turned around, removing his arm from Elysia’s waist.  Hanzo stood leaning against the wall behind them, eating an apple-like fruit that was grown in the orchards outside the city.  “We still have unfinished business, brother,” the older Saiyan said with a cocky smile.

            “I haven’t forgotten, Hanzo,” Miura said, feeling frustrated that he was unable to break through his brother’s hatred for him.  “Though I think you’re a fool if you believe you can beat me again.”  It was Miura’s turn to flash confident smile now.  “My Galdrian powers are too much for you to handle, brother.  Or didn’t you hear Galian’s screams as I killed him.”

            Hanzo glared at the half-breed heir, looking so official in his flowing robes of office, silver circlet resting lightly on his brow.  “We’ll see,” he muttered, turning away from Miura and his companions and walking down the hill toward the city.

            “I wish he’d just leave,” Elysia said when Miura had rejoined her and her brother and nephew.  “He has no reason to be here, unless you count taunting you a reason,” she said, looking up at Miura.  “Are you really going to fight him, Arius?”

            “I don’t want to,” Miura replied, wishing that his brother would just forget about his foolish grudge.  “But if it comes to a battle, he’ll be sorry.”  Miura left it at that, refusing to let his half-brother’s negative attitude ruin his evening.  “Let’s go find Z and the others and get something to eat.  I’m starving.”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Miura paced the darkened throne room.

 

            For the third time this week, the Galdrian heir had been unable to sleep, plagued as he was by nightmares and a feeling of unrest.  He had accepted the mantel of leadership, but still he wondered if his decision was right.  Was he really worthy enough to rule these people?  This is foolish, he thought to himself.  I know that the deaths of Seth, Clef, Gilliam, Pheris, and my mother weren’t really my fault…

            “You still feel guilty,” a quiet, female voice echoed throughout the empty Great Hall.  Miura turned, seeing Rika standing across the hall from him, watching him intently.

            “I didn’t know that people from Earth could read minds,” Miura responded as he continued to pace the cold, stone floor.  Rika remained silent as the young heir did so, as if she was loathe to disturb him once again.

            “I didn’t have to read your mind,” she finally continued, walking calmly toward him.  “Your actions say it all.”  The human warrior sat down on the bottom step of the Royal Dais, resting her head in her hands.  “If there was a way to bring your friends and family back, to erase this unfounded guilt that you have, would you be willing to do it?”  Before Miura could respond, the brown-haired girl lifted her hand to stop him.  “Think long and hard about this, Miura.  If you could restore to life your mother, would you really feel less guilty about her death?  It wouldn’t change the fact that she had died, you know.”  Rika was silent again, though Miura still did not speak, sensing that the young human was not yet finished.

            “It would be the same with Dorian and Elysia’s parents,” Rika finally continued.  “Bringing them back would not right the wrong of their deaths.”  She stared at Miura, her dark brown eyes searching his for something that only she understood.  “You already righted that wrong by killing Galian.”  Before she could continue, Miura finally spoke.

            “Why are you asking me this?” he whispered harshly.  “I understand what you’re saying, and in some respects I actually agree with you… But what about Seth and Clef?”  He shook his head and sighed.  “I can’t answer for them, you know.  I would do anything to bring them back.  Not for me, Rika, but for Twilight!”  Miura stiffened as he felt the earthling’s hand on his arm.

            “Very well,” she whispered, and something in her voice caught Miura’s attention.  He looked deep into her eyes, pleading with her to continue.  “On my home planet, Earth, there is a legend regarding seven magical jewels that can grant any wish.”  Miura gasped in disbelief as Rika continued.  “If a person is able to travel the world and find all seven jewels, which are commonly called ‘Dragon Balls,’ a great dragon god will be summoned, and will grant the person a wish, supposedly any wish at all.”

            Miura pulled away from Rika’s light grasp, turning his back to the girl from Earth.  “But you said it yourself,” Miura replied.  “Is such a thing even possible?  These ‘Dragon Balls,’ they’re only a legend.”  He slowly looked back over his shoulder, locking gazes with Rika.  “Right?”

            She shook her head, a small smile spreading across her lips.  “I worked for a company on Earth called Capsule Corporation, and the owner of that company has used the Dragon Balls in the past, on several occasions.”  Rika crossed her arms over her chest as Miura turned to face her once again.  “You can bring them back, Miura.  And I pray that doing so will at least clear your conscience, because nothing will ever wash the blood from your hands…”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Miura watched silently as the ship was readied.

 

            Rika, Zellis, and Hanzo stood nearby, prepared to leave whenever Miura was ready.  The half-Saiyan had expected Rika to accompany him, along with Zellis, but Hanzo had been a surprise.  The Saiyan warrior had come striding into the spaceport earlier that day, wearing a plain black jumpsuit, with white boots and gloves.  Miura didn’t even bother trying to forbid his older brother to come, knowing that to do so would have been fruitless.  It was obvious that Hanzo only insisted on accompanying his half-brother in case someone attempted to kill the heir before Hanzo himself had the chance to do so.

            Elysia, Dorian, Iris, Gabriel, and Twilight were there to see the four companions off, though Elysia had done everything in her power to change Miura’s mind, including a few things in private that had nearly succeeded.  She now stood silently with her brother, who kept his arm around her shoulder.  Miura walked over to her, silently wishing that she could understand his motives.

            “I’m sorry, Elysia,” he began, taking her hands in his own.  “I have to do this if I’m ever to feel confident enough to become emperor.”  The princess nodded once, keeping her shining pink eyes downcast.  “Please understand…” he begged, feeling relieved when Elysia finally looked up at him.

            “Be careful, my love,” she whispered, kissing him on the cheek.  As she stepped back, the Galdrian princess reached within her robe, pulling out an energy saber similar to that carried by Gabriel.  It was made of a hard, jet black wood, with three amethyst jewels set into the base of the hilt, and intricate carvings along the surface that provided a sure grip.  “This was my father’s,” Elysia said with a small smile.  “It was to be given to you at your coronation.”  Her eyes filled with tears as she looked away again.  “I want you to have it now… to keep you safe, okay?”

            Miura took the weapon, feeling it instantly tap into his Galdrian power as he held it.  “Thank you,” he said quietly as he placed the weapon within his tattered old hunter’s cloak, which he had insisted on wearing.  “I’ll be back soon, Elysia, I promise.”  The beautiful princess smiled and nodded as her fiancée turned his back on her and boarded the small space cruiser.

            “He’ll be fine, Elysia,” Iris assured her.  “I’ve fought alongside Miura enough to know that he can take care of himself, you know.”  She reached out and took the princess’s hand in her own, squeezing it lightly.  “He’ll be back soon.”  I hope, the auburn-haired bounty hunter thought to herself, clinging to Elysia’s hand as the ship took off into the dark night sky.

 

To be continued…



- All material copyright of Pojo.com.
c-1999-2007

This site is not associated with Cartoon Network or TOEI Entertainment.
Dragonball Z  is a registered trademark of TOEI Animation CO., LTD.